Sunday, May 17, 2009

Meyer Family Reunion

The first weekend in May, Roger, the kids and I headed to Louisiana to attend the yearly Meyer family reunion. Meyer is Roger's mother's maiden name. The reunion is held at first cousin Becky's house. Everyone is so nice and they make you feel so welcome. Family reunions are kind of funny, there is always a story about someone and in one year's time ALOT can happen. The one thing I enjoy about the reunion is all the good food. Nothing like good home country cooking. We stayed with Shelley and Mike for the weekend and again we had a good time. I have attached some photos of the family generations.

Roger and I looked at some land that is for sale Mike and Shelley found. We met the guy and went to check out the land. I fell in love with it! I think Roger did too. We made an offer so only time will tell. There is really no rush for the land, but would be nice to go ahead and get it and have it paid off before we do finally decide to move. Life in Louisiana is so much different than Baytown, Texas. It is so laid back, everyone pretty much knows everyone, people are MUCH nicer and all in all it is just a really quite and nice place to be. Now I know why Shelley went back home a long time ago.

I have attached a photo of Mrs. Carter. I thought this was a good picture!

No comments: