Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend

The Carters left for Louisiana for Easter weekend! We pulled out on Thursday around 4pm. It is about a 6 hour drive. We stop alot to get snacks or make pit stops. We got to Shelley's around 9:45pm. We stayed up for a while and talked and headed to bed. Little did I know what the next day was going to bring. Shelley and Mike were already up when I got up. We had some coffee and talked. Then Roger and the kids got moving and we all headed outside. Well to my surprise Shelley and Mike have got them a real farm thing working. I can't even tell you how many of anything they got, but bunches! They have turkeys, chickens, ducks, different kinds of birds or chicks, peacocks, cows, horses, bunny, and dogs. I am sure I have missed something, but you get the idea. I will post some photos. The kids loved it! They roamed around and played, which they had a lot of area to do that.

On Friday we all went over to Roger's cousin's Jimmy and Sharlotte Cain's lake house. It was very nice! I see why they like it so much. Very peaceful and quite. Roger and I were also excited about seeing little Emma. Emma was a puppy from our second litter. She has turned in to quite a little lady and pretty too. I am glad she went to a good home. Heck I am kind of jealous she gets to go to the lake all the time. :)








We did go by and visit Roger's mom, which she is doing good. Not sure if she remembers who we really are, but she looks good and is still getting around pretty good. On Saturday the kids and I went and got us a new addition to the Carter household. We got some bunnies, EASTER BUNNIES! Chris picked out his first, then Lindsey and of course momma had to get one! Not sure if we got males or females. Only time will tell. :) The kids were excited! I have to admit I was too. Saturday night we went out to dinner at a local food joint called Bobby's. According to my husband it used to be Jeanette's Drive In. Which was a local hang out for all the high schoolers. I had the catfish which was very good especially the hush puppies. Roger had the roast beef po-boy.



Sunday we got up and helped Mike with the dog kennel, well Roger did, I was supervising. They have four really big German Shepard's and they need a really big dog pin. They are building this so when Mike and Shelley want to go out of town the dogs can be pinned up and have a place to stay. So that mean Mike and Shelley can come and see us now! Sunday afternoon the weather was starting to look bad. And did it get bad! The wind picked up, the rain came in and the thunder and lightning was non stop. So it was decided that it was best to head back on Monday!

Side note thanks to Shelly and Mike, my husband is now in the egg and chicken business. Saturday night Roger got on line and ordered an incubator to hatch eggs. So Shelley sent us a dozen of misc. chicken eggs home. Now Roger has his work cut out for himself. I guess you can say Easter weekend at Mike and Shelley's was City Slickers meet the Farmer Browns. BUT it was the nicest weekend we have had in a long time. It was all in all a very fun and relaxing weekend. It was just nice to get to know Mike and Shelley better. I want to thank Mike and Shelley for a wonderful and educational weekend. Can't wait to get back!

No comments: